Important Updates related to COVID-19
If you are employed in Pennsylvania and are unable to work because of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), you may be eligible for Unemployment or Workers' Compensation benefits. The Department of Labor & Industry will continue to provide important employment benefit updates as the situation evolves.
Employers and workers can use our Keeping Yourself Protected at Work for guidance and resources on safety precautions and recommendations.
Federal CARES Act
February 16, 2021 Update
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) Extension – Program Update
New claimants will receive individual messaging on next steps through the PUA dashboard. Once verified and any outstanding issues have been resolved, payments will be released.
PUA claimants that experience additional issues with their claims should email firstname.lastname@example.org
and provide a short description of the problem, their name as it appears on their claim, and the last four digits of their Social Security number.
Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) Extension Update
PEUC Fixes and Issues
- Some PEUC claimants were moved to EB incorrectly because they exhausted PEUC on the week of Dec. 26. We have moved these claimants back to PEUC and they should now be filing biweekly on PEUC, not on EB.
- Some claimants filed for the weeks of Jan. 2 and 9 before the extensions were in place and as a result their claim shows they filed but did not receive payment. We are working to resolve this issue.
- We are aware that some PEUC claimants did not get the option to file for the weeks between Dec. 26 and the day they reopened their claim. We are working to process your requests for back weeks as soon as possible.
General PEUC Extension Information:
- If you were being paid on the Pennsylvania's Extended Benefits (EB) program before December 26, 2020, you MUST complete your EB benefits before the additional 11 weeks of PEUC can be added to your claim.
- You will automatically receive the extra $300 weekly Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) – you do not need to take any action to get this boost.
- Claimants that last filed before Dec. 26 will need to reopen their claim and will begin filing in two (2) weeks.
- If you need to request backdating for the weeks between January 2 through January 23, please email UChelp@pa.gov.
PEUC provides additional claim weeks to workers who have exhausted their regular Unemployment Compensation (UC) benefits. Claimants are automatically enrolled in PEUC after they have reached their maximum claim weeks for UC.
PEUC claimants that experience additional issues with their claims should email email@example.com and provide a short description of the problem, their name as it appears on their claim, and the last four digits of their Social Security number.
Claimants who need immediate assistance with needs such as food or shelter should contact the United Way of PA's 2-1-1 program or review their eligibility for programs through COMPASS. An additional list of support and resources is available on our Resources & Assistance page.
For the most accurate and timely COVID-19 information in Pennsylvania, visit the PA Department of Health website, health.pa.gov, FacebookOpens In A New Window page and TwitterOpens In A New Window account.