Begin Main Content Area

COVID-19 Statistics​

This site provides up-to-date information and statistics regarding the current Unemployment Compensation (UC) Claims, statewide industry and county UC activity, Workers' Compensation claim statistics and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Claims as a result of COVID-19 impacts in Pennsylvania. 

Since March 15, the department has paid more than $23.7 billion in unemployment benefits, including:

  • $4.3 billion from regular Unemployment Compensation (UC)
  • $15 billion from the Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) program (extra $600 per week)
  • $4.2 billion from the federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program 
  • $198 million from the federal Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) program
  • $16.3 million from Pennsylvania’s Extended Benefits program
 
94% of eligible claimants who filed for unemployment compensation between March 15 and July 4 have been paid or are not eligible for benefits. The remaining 6% are claims the automated system couldn’t approve for various reasons and are under individual review by UC staff.