This site provides up-to-date information and statistics regarding the current Unemployment Compensation (UC) Claims, statewide industry and county UC activity, Workers' Compensation claim statistics and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Claims as a result of COVID-19 impacts in Pennsylvania.
Since March 15, the department has paid more than $25 billion in unemployment benefits, including:
- $4.7 billion from regular Unemployment Compensation (UC)
- $15.6 billion from the Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) program (extra $600 per week)
- $4.5 billion from the federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program
- $234 million from the federal Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) program
- $33.8 million from Pennsylvania’s Extended Benefits program