DUE TO COVID-19:
Work Search and Work Registration requirements are temporarily suspended for all UC claimants. Claimants are not required to prove they have applied or searched for a new job to maintain their UC benefits. Claimants are also not required to register with PACareerLink.pa.gov.
To be eligible for Unemployment Compensation benefits, you are required to do all of the following:
- Register for employment-search services offered by the Pennsylvania CareerLink® system at
www.pacareerlink.pa.gov within 30 days after filing an application for UC or EUC benefits.
- Conduct an active search for work during each week for which you claim benefits, beginning with the third week for which you file a claim.
- Keep a record of your work search activities and provide the record to the department when requested to do so, as explained below.
NEW REGISTRATION - To register for employment-search services, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Pennsylvania PA CareerLink® website at
www.pacareerlink.pa.gov and click on "Sign In/Register" and then on "Register."
- Enter your name and birth date, and select "Yes" when asked whether you have applied for, or are receiving, benefits or services.
- Provide your complete Social Security number, and select "Yes" when asked whether you are registering to comply with the UC requirement to register for employment-search services
- Click on "Continue."
- Provide your personal information and click "Continue."
NOTE: It is
crucial that both your name and mailing address are the same in both the UC and PA CareerLink® systems.
- Provide the information requested to create a Keystone ID (user name) and password as well as your Hint Questions/Answers. Click "Continue."
- Choose an option and create your résumé.
- Complete your preferences.
- Once you have completed the registration process, you will receive a "Registration Confirmation" page. Be sure to print this page or write down your Keystone ID and Participant Identification Number for your records. Do not send the confirmation to the UC service center or Pennsylvania CareerLink® office.
PREVIOUS/PARTIAL REGISTRATION - If you previously created a Keystone ID or partially registered with PA CareerLink®, follow the steps below to fully register and avoid ineligibility:
- Go to the Pennsylvania PA CareerLink® website at
www.pacareerlink.pa.gov, click on "Sign In/Register" and enter your existing Keystone ID (user name) and password. You will be taken to your Dashboard (home page).
If you never created a Keystone ID/Password, go to
www.pacareerlink.pa.gov and click on "Sign In/Register" and then on "Register." Follow the instructions above for NEW REGISTRATION as if registering for the first time. You may be asked to provide the Participant Identification Number assigned to you by the PA CareerLink®system. If you do not know your Participant Identification Number, you have the option of having it mailed to you, emailed to the email address in your PA CareerLink®profile or you can obtain it by contacting your local PA CareerLink® office.
If you have forgotten your Keystone ID or Password, go to
www.pacareerlink.pa.gov and click on "Sign In/Register." Then click on "Forgot your Keystone ID/Password?" On the next screen, select "Job Seeker" and choose one of the options provided to retrieve your Keystone ID, reset your password or reset your hint questions and answers. You may be asked to provide the Participant Identification Number assigned to you by the PA CareerLink® system. If you do not know your Participant Identification Number, you have the option of having it mailed to you, emailed to the email address in your PA CareerLink® profile or you can obtain it by contacting your local PA CareerLink® office.
- Look in the upper right corner of the Dashboard for the "UC Registration Compliance" box.
- If the box indicates that your status is "Completed" and that you have fulfilled your UC Work Registration requirements, then you are fully registered. Click the "View UC Confirmation" link and print the confirmation page for your records.
- If the box indicates that your status is "Incomplete," click on the "Completion of My Profile" link. Complete all applicable sections (Work Experience, Military Service, Education, etc.) on the Profile Summary page. Once your profile is complete, return to your Dashboard and verify that your UC compliance status is now "Completed." Click the "View UC Confirmation" link and print the confirmation page for your records.
- If you do not see a UC Registration Compliance box on your dashboard, contact your local Pennsylvania CareerLink® office to review the status of your account.
NOTE: It can take up to one week for the compliance box to appear after your UC claim is filed.
IMPORTANT: When attempting to register, if you receive a message saying that you may already have an account in the system, do
NOT assume that you are fully registered for UC purposes. Contact your local PA CareerLink® office to determine if you have an existing account and, if so, whether or not you have completed the elements to satisfy the UC registration requirement. You can find the nearest Pennsylvania CareerLink® office by going to
www.pacareerlink.pa.gov and clicking on "PA CareerLink Offices" under the Help Menu at the top of the screen.