WORK REGISTRATION ENFORCEMENT BEGINS
IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING JOBGATEWAY ®
Based on the new requirement of registering with JobGateway ®
, it's crucial
that both your name and mailing address are the same in both
- Unemployment compensation (UC) claimants are required to register for employment-search services at www.jobgateway.pa.gov within 30 days after filing an application for benefits. The 30-day period begins on the actual date the initial application was filed, which may not necessarily be the same date as the Application for Benefits (AB) date. (The AB date is always a Sunday).
- Claimants reaching their 21 st day having not yet registered will receive Form UC-1201 reminding them that they are required to register within 30 days, advising them of the specific date by which they must register and instructing them how to register with JobGateway ®.
- Claimants who fail to register as required will be disqualified to receive UC benefits beginning with the week in which their 30 th day falls, unless their 30 th day falls on a Saturday, in which case ineligibility will not begin until the following week.
- The following are exemptions to the registration requirement:
- You are participating in the Shared-Work Program under Article XIII of the UC Law.
- You are in training approved under the Trade Act.
- If you are unemployed because your employer reduced your hours of work or laid you off for economic reasons and your employer has advised you in good faith and in writing that you will return to work on a specific date.
- To end the work registration disqualification:
- Once you complete registration in JobGateway ®, the disqualification will automatically end as follows:
- If you register Monday-Saturday, your last week of disqualification is the week in which you register.
- If you register on Sunday, your last week of disqualification is the prior week.
- For assistance registering for employment-search services, contact your local Pennsylvania CareerLink®.