I’ve Opened a UC Claim. What Happens Next?
Please read your UC Handbook:
The handbook contains instructions on completing work registration/work searches, your biweekly filing requirement and other useful claims information. You may view this handbook online.
You will receive information for the following in the mail:
- Claims Confirmation Letter: Keep this letter for the duration of the claim. This letter provides:
- Your four-digit PIN to access your online account and file your bi-weekly claims.
NEVER share your PIN with anyone, you are the only person who should know or use this number. Your PIN is your signature.
- Your first bi-weekly filing date. If you do not file timely you may lose your eligibility for those weeks.
- Work registration information on the back of this letter as well as the address of your local Careerlink® office.
Register for work at JobGateway®:
You must FULLY register for work within 30 days from the date you filed your initial claim for benefits.
- Register for employment search services offered by the Pennsylvania CareerLink® system at
www.pacareerlink.pa.gov within 30 days after filing an application for UC benefits.
- You must register with PA CareerLink® even if you get your job through a Union hiring hall.
- If you fail to FULLY register with PA CareerLink® within 30 days you will become ineligible for benefits.
- You must conduct an active search for work during each week for which you claim benefits beginning with the third week.
This document states your financial eligibility. Please read this carefully and keep through the duration of your claim. It provides:
- Your application for benefits date (AB date) and the date your claim expires.
- An outline of how we calculated your weekly benefit amount and your eligible credit weeks.
- Information on how much you will receive if you are totally unemployed and how to estimate your partial benefit for part-time work.
If you wish to provide additional claim information to the UC Service Centers, you may do so by fax/email.