Begin Main Content Area

UC Debit Card

All UC claimants have the choice of receiving their payments via debit card or direct deposit. A debit card will be mailed to you after you have been determined financially eligible for benefits, unless you have submitted a direct deposit form within the last two years.

Avoid Fees when you use your PA UC Debit Card (ReliaCard)

  • Access your balance and account information at no charge at
  • Use your card without fees anywhere that accepts Visa®; ask for cash back with purchases.
  • Cash withdrawals are available at no charge from tellers inside banks displaying the Visa® symbol.
  • Receive notices of deposits to your debit card at no charge by phone or email; call 888-233-5916, or go online at for instructions on setting up this service.

If you have direct deposit, but prefer to receive your UC payments via debit card, you can submit a form to stop direct deposit by clicking the link Direct Deposit of UC Benefits. A debit card will not be issued until this request has been processed. If you submit the form via the Internet, this change will generally take two business days to go into effect.

If you are concerned about the method with which you will receive your benefits when eligible, review our UC debit card frequently asked questions below.

If you need a U.S. Bank ReliaCard® debit card, call the U.S. Bank toll-free customer service number at 888-233-5916 or the State Treasury Department at 877-869-1956. Telephone Typewriter (TTY) service for hearing impaired individuals is available from U.S. Bank. The cardholder must have the TTY device to communicate with the TTY Advisor. When 888-233-5916 is dialed, TTY operator will identify the call. TTY advisor then connects to the call center and acts as a third party relay between our advisor and the TTY caller.

If you need a gold Chase debit card, call the Chase toll-free customer service number at 866-586-1706 and follow the steps below to reach a customer service representative to request a new card:

If you DO have your card number and PIN, choose the prompt that says, "To speak to a representative." This will transfer you to a customer service representative.

If you DO NOT have your card number and PIN, choose the prompt that says "to report your card lost, stolen, damaged or not received." The system will prompt you to enter your SSN. The SSN should not be entered. After the system requests your SSN three times, you will be transferred to a Chase customer service representative.

For detailed information on the Debit Card program, please see our Direct Deposit/Debit Card FAQs.