UC Debit Card
You can receive UC benefit payments either by debit card or direct deposit.
If it is your first time filing for UC benefits, a debit card will be mailed to you after you have been determined financially eligible for benefits. The card will be mailed within three business days.
Debit cards are valid for three years. If you already have a debit card from a previous claim, or reopen an existing claim, you will not receive a new debit card. You will continue to use the original debit card.
If your card has expired or you no longer have your card, you will need to request a replacement card. To request a replacement card, call U.S. Bank ReliaCard® at 888-233-5916 (one card per year is available at no charge).
If you have direct deposit, but prefer to receive your UC payments via debit card, you can submit a form to stop direct deposit at Direct Deposit of UC Benefits. A debit card will not be issued until this request has been processed, which generally takes two days. Also, confirm your mailing address, so the debit card is mailed to the correct location.
If you previously had a debit card and it expired, is lost or you think it may have been stolen, contact U.S. Bank ReliaCard® at 888-233-5916 or 888-233-5916 TTY.
- Enter the 10-digit phone number associated with your account, if you DO have your card number enter your 16-digit card number.
- If you DO NOT have your card number and PIN, wait until you hear the prompt that says, "select 0 to report your card lost or stolen."
- You'll be transferred to a Customer Service Representative and can confirm your name, SSN, address, date of birth and phone number to confirm your identity so they can issue a card replacement.
You can also reach out to the State Treasury Department at 877-869-1956 for assistance.
I haven't received a debit card, what could be the issue?There are a variety of issues that could be the cause for why you haven't received a debit card. Below are some of the top reasons why you may not have received a debit card:
- Denied Claimants = No new debit card
- Claimants waiting for a wage investigation to be eligible = No new debit card
- Claimants with out of state wages = No debit card until wages are received and an eligible financial determination is issued
- Claimants with base year earnings over $100,000 = No debit card until wages are processed and an eligible financial determination is issued
- Claimants with unverified identities = need to wait for verification before a financial determination is issued for a debit card to be issued
- Claimants with a matching home and business address = need to wait for manual processing by staff for a debit card to be issued
- Claimants with completely out-of-state wages in the base year = need to wait for manual processing by staff for a debit card to be issued
- Claimants who have had direct deposit payments within the last 12 months = No debit card
Avoid Fees when you use your PA UC Debit Card (ReliaCard)
- Access your balance and account information at no charge at www.usbankreliacard.com.
- Use your card without fees anywhere that accepts Visa®; ask for cash back with purchases.
- Cash withdrawals are available at no charge from tellers inside banks displaying the Visa® symbol.
- Receive notices of deposits to your debit card at no charge by phone or email; call 888-233-5916, or go online at www.usbankreliacard.com for instructions on setting up this service.
For detailed information on the Debit Card program, please see our Debit Card FAQs.