Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)
The Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) Program is a temporary federal program available for individuals whose regular unemployment benefits have expired or will expire soon. Claimants are automatically enrolled in the PEUC program after they have reached their maximum claim weeks for UC. PEUC was extended to provide 11 additional weeks to eligible claimants.
File for PEUC.
- The PEUC extension became available March 11, 2021.
- All PEUC claims that received PEUC through March 13, 2020, will be automatically eligible for ARP PEUC through claim week ending September 4, 2021.
General PEUC Program Information
- PEUC provides up to 53 weeks of additional unemployment benefits to qualified individuals whose regular unemployment benefits were exhausted on or after July 6, 2019.
- You must wait for your regular unemployment benefits to expire before applying for PEUC.
- Individuals who are currently receiving regular unemployment benefits do NOT need to apply.
- Once the balance of your regular UC benefits is received, you will automatically be enrolled in the PEUC program for the additional weeks of benefits. Individuals whose UC benefit year has expired should
file a PEUC claim.
- After filing for PEUC, you'll use the same biweekly filing process that you used for regular UC.
- Eligibility requirements for regular UC are the same for PEUC. For example, you must be
- At least partially unemployed,
- Able and available for suitable work,
- Not disqualified for voluntarily leaving work, and
- Not discharged for willful misconduct.
- You must report all work performed and gross wages earned during weeks claimed.
- You will automatically receive the extra $300 weekly Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) – you do not need to take any action to get this boost.
- Learn more about PEUC in our
Information and Instructions Guide.
- Find answers to PEUC FAQs
- Learn more about the Federal CARES program.
- Read our
Notice of CARES Act Programs Potentially Available to You.
PEUC Benefits Application is also available in paper format to print and mail.
Have you lost your health insurance? Visit PA Insurance Department's Health Insurance Options webpage for information on options available to you and your family.