Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)
The Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) Program is a temporary federal program available for individuals whose regular unemployment benefits have expired or will expire soon. Claimants are automatically enrolled in the PEUC program after they have reached their maximum claim weeks for UC. PEUC was extended to provide 11 additional weeks to eligible claimants.
- The PEUC extension is available beginning Sunday, January 24, 2021.
- You can file for the additional 11 claim weeks during your biweekly cycle beginning Sunday, January 24.
- If you had some of your original 13 weeks left over on December 26, you will also receive the additional 11 weeks on Sunday.
- If you were being paid on the Pennsylvania’s Extended Benefits (EB) program before December 26, 2020, you MUST complete your EB benefits before the additional 11 weeks of PEUC can be added to your claim.
General PEUC Program Information
- PEUC provides 24 weeks of additional unemployment benefits to qualified individuals whose regular unemployment benefits were exhausted on or after July 6, 2019.
- You must wait for your regular unemployment benefits to expire before applying for PEUC.
- Individuals who are currently receiving regular unemployment benefits do NOT need to apply.
- Once the balance of your regular UC benefits is received, you will automatically be enrolled in the PEUC program for the additional 24 weeks of benefits. Individuals whose UC benefit year has expired should file a PEUC claim.
- After filing for PEUC, you'll use the same biweekly filing process that you used for regular UC.
- Eligibility requirements for regular UC are the same for PEUC. For example, you must be
- At least partially unemployed,
- Able and available for suitable work,
- Not disqualified for voluntarily leaving work, and
- Not discharged for willful misconduct.
- You must report all work performed and gross wages earned during weeks claimed.
- You will automatically receive the extra $300 weekly Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) – you do not need to take any action to get this boost.