Begin Main Content Area

Other Programs and Help Available

Unemployment Compensation For Federal Civilian Employees (UCFE). If you earned wages in federal civilian employment, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits in Pennsylvania under the federal UCFE program.

Unemployment Compensation For Ex-Service Members (UCX). UCX is a federal program that provides UC benefits to former members of the Armed Forces and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) who meet the eligibility requirements of state and federal law. To apply for UCX in Pennsylvania, you must physically be in Pennsylvania when you file your application.

Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA). If you lost your job or business as a direct result of a major disaster declared by the President of the United States, you may be eligible for DUA. If you are eligible for regular benefits, you must exhaust those benefits before applying for DUA. When you apply for DUA, the department will send you information about the program and DUA forms to complete and return.

Foreign Trade
If you lost your job because of foreign competition, you may be eligible for Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA), which includes job retraining, job search and relocation aid, and weekly Trade Readjustment Allowance (TRA) benefits. Trade-affected workers age 50 or older may be eligible for Reemployment Trade Adjustment Assistance (RTAA). For more information, please call the UC service center at 888-313-7284 and select the menu option to speak to a TRA representative, visit your local PA CareerLink®, log on to, or log on to the U.S. Department of Labor website at

Overpayments and Collections

UC Handbook home page

Contact Information