Begin Main Content Area

Your Additional Responsibilities

  • Provide Accurate and Complete Information: You are responsible to provide truthful and complete information when you file claims for benefits, complete UC forms or questionnaires, or discuss your benefits with the UC service center.

  • Report Any Separation from Employment: Notify the UC service center immediately if you are no longer working.

  • Report Holiday Pay and Vacation Pay: If you claim benefits for a week that includes a paid holiday or paid vacation days, report the gross amount of your holiday or vacation pay even if the payments are made in a different week.

  • Report Severance Pay, Pensions and Back Wage Awards: Notify the UC service center immediately if you receive any of these payments.

  • Update Your Contact Information: If your mailing address, telephone number or email address changes, inform the UC service center and the PA CareerLink® system at immediately even if you are not filing claims for benefits at that time. We also encourage you to report any address changes to the United States Postal Service (USPS.) If the USPS has a different address, your UC information may be delivered to the address maintained by the USPS National change of Address database rather than the address you gave us. It is important that you receive and read all correspondence about your UC claim..

  • Protect Your PIN: Your personal identification number (PIN) and Social Security number identify you when you file a claim or access benefit information. Your PIN has the same legal authority as your signature. DO NOT GIVE YOUR PIN TO ANYONE, including family members. It is your responsibility to file your own biweekly claims. It is ILLEGAL for another person to file your biweekly claims for you. If you give your PIN to another person, or allow another person to gain access to your PIN, you are responsible for any improper benefit payments that occur as a result. If you forget or lose your PIN, you are responsible to contact the UC service center to request a new PIN. If you think someone else knows your PIN, change it. You can change your PINonline or by calling PAT. You will receive your new PIN by mail. If you receive correspondence from the department notifying you of a PIN change, but you did not request a new PIN, contact the UC service center immediately.

What Happens When You Find Employment

UC Handbook home page

How You Can Lose Benefits