UC Tax Questions:
For answers to questions regarding employer-related UC Tax issues, including:
- Coverage and liability;
- Registering for a UC tax account number;
- Filing and paying quarterly wage and tax information;
- Contribution tax rates; and
You may call the UC Employer Information Center at 866-403-6163 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.
UC Benefit Charges Questions:
For answers to questions regarding UC benefit charges which appear on Form UC-640, Monthly Notice of Compensation Charged; or Form UC-150, Notice to Reimbursable Employers of Compensation Charged, and information for a specific employee, including:
- protests to benefit charges filed via Form UC-44FR, Request for Relief from Charges, or filed by letter;
- credits to your reserve account due to a subsequent approval of relief from charges or a claimant’s ineligibility for UC and subsequent overpayment;
- how to request relief from charges;
- time limits for filing a request for relief from charges
- under what circumstances relief from charges may be granted; and
- determinations, decisions, and/or appeals relating to relief from charges
You may e-mail Employer Services at
and include your employer account number, the claimant’s full name and the last four digits of the social security number and the nature of your question. Or, you may call us at 833-728-2367 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.
UC Claim Services Questions:
For answers to questions regarding claim or appeal issues as well as general UC benefits information, including:
- mass layoff assistance;
- plant closings or temporary shutdowns;
- UC separation and eligibility issues; or
- discrepancies in payment of benefits
You may call the UC Service Center’s employer toll-free number at 833-728-2367, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Unemployment Compensation (UC) Program can provide a speaker for your meeting, conference or other event at no cost. Speakers are available to provide timely information to groups, large or small, on the following topics:
What is New in UC?
Employer UC Tax Rights and Responsibilities
Electronic Filing of UC Quarterly Reports and Contributions
Independent Contractor vs. Employee
Getting Relief from Charges When Entitled
Separation Eligibility for Voluntary Quit and Discharge Situations
How UC Responds to Employer Downsizings and Closings
UC: Emphasis on Reemployment, not Unemployment
UC Benefit Hearings
To schedule a speaker, email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mails should include the topic(s) that interests you, the location and date of the meeting, and your contact information. We will contact you to make arrangements.