Begin Main Content Area

​​ Contact Us - Employer Information

It is our responsibility to administer the Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation (UC) Law. This involves providing services to and performing specific duties for the public. We encourage our customers to send us feedback on how well these services are being provided and/or duties are being performed.

A wide variety of information regarding the UC program is available to you on our website, particularly in the Frequently Asked Questions section. For more specific questions, refer to the contact information below.

Employer Quick Guide

This helpful quick guide is an easy-to-use reference sheet that provides a high-level overview and contact information for the services our UC Service Center and Employer Tax Services teams provide employers.  

UC Tax Questions:

For answers to questions regarding employer-related UC Tax issues, including:

  • Coverage and liability;
  • Registering for a UC tax account number;
  • Filing and paying quarterly wage and tax information;
  • Contribution tax rates; and
  • Audits

You may submit an inquiry in UCMS when you are logged into your account. Or you may e-mail the Office of UC Tax Services at and include your employer account number and the nature of your question. Additionally, you may call Employer Tax Services at 866-403-6163 on weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST.

UC Benefit Charges Questions:

For answers to questions regarding UC benefit charges which appear on Form UC-640, Monthly Notice of Compensation Charged; or Form UC-150, Notice to Reimbursable Employers of Compensation Charged, and information for a specific employee, including:

    • protests to benefit charges filed via Form UC-44FR, Request for Relief from Charges, or filed by letter;
    • credits to your reserve account due to a subsequent approval of relief from charges or a claimant's ineligibility for UC and subsequent overpayment;
    • how to request relief from charges;
    • time limits for filing a request for relief from charges
    • under what circumstances relief from charges may be granted; and
    • determinations, decisions, and/or appeals relating to relief from charges

 You may e-mail Employer Services at and include your employer account number, the claimant's full name and the last four digits of the social security number and the nature of your question. Or, you may call us at 833-728-2367 on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.

UC Claim Services Questions:

For answers to questions regarding claim or appeal issues as well as general UC benefits information, including:

    • mass layoff assistance;
    • plant closings or temporary shutdowns;
    • UC separation and eligibility issues; or
    • discrepancies in payment of benefits 

You may call the UC Service Center's employer toll-free number at 833-728-2367, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Speakers Bureau

The Unemployment Compensation (UC) Program can provide a speaker for your meeting, conference, or other events at no cost. Speakers are available to provide timely information to groups, large or small, on the following topics:

    • What is New in UC?
    • Employer UC Tax Rights and Responsibilities
    • Electronic Filing of UC Quarterly Reports and Contributions
    • Independent Contractor vs. Employee
    • Getting Relief from Charges When Entitled
    • Separation Eligibility for Voluntary Quit and Discharge Situations
    • How UC Responds to Employer Downsizings and Closings
    • UC: Emphasis on Reemployment, not Unemployment
    • UC Benefit Hearings

To schedule a speaker, email us at E-mails should include the topic(s) that interests you, the location and date of the meeting, and your contact information. We will contact you to make arrangements.