Contact Us - Employer information
It is our responsibility to administer the Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation (UC) Law. This involves providing services to and performing specific duties for the public. We encourage our customers to send us feedback on how well these services are being provided and/or duties are being performed.
A wide variety of information regarding the UC program is available to you on our website, particularly in the
Frequently Asked Questions
section. For more specific questions, refer to the contact information below.
UC Tax Questions:
For answers to questions regarding employer-related UC Tax issues, including:
- Coverage and liability;
- Registering for a UC tax account number;
- Filing and paying quarterly wage and tax information;
- Contribution tax rates; and
You may call the UC Employer Information Center at 866-403-6163 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.
UC Benefit Charges Questions:
For answers to questions regarding UC benefit charges which appear on Form UC-640, Monthly Notice of Compensation Charged; or Form UC-150, Notice to Reimbursable Employers of Compensation Charged, and information for a specific employee, including:
- protests to benefit charges filed via Form UC-44FR, Request for Relief from Charges, or filed by letter;
- credits to your reserve account due to a subsequent approval of relief from charges or a claimant’s ineligibility for UC and subsequent overpayment;
- how to request relief from charges;
- time limits for filing a request for relief from charges
- under what circumstances relief from charges may be granted; and
- determinations, decisions, and/or appeals relating to relief from charges
You may e-mail Employer Services at
and include your employer account number, the claimant’s full name and the last four digits of the social security number and the nature of your question. Or, you may call us at 717-787-4677 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.
UC Claim Services Questions:
For answers to questions regarding claim or appeal issues as well as general UC benefits information, including:
- mass layoff assistance;
- plant closings or temporary shutdowns;
- UC separation and eligibility issues; or
- discrepancies in payment of benefits
You may call the UC Service Center’s employer toll-free number at 866-223-4718, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.