Unemployment Compensation (UC) Videos
We've created videos to help guide you through Pennsylvania's UC process and to provide helpful information on how to navigate and complete necessary steps for UC benefits.
How to Start a New Claim Video
- This video provides a brief overview on how to start a new claim online.
Biweekly Claim Video
Similar to working for two weeks and getting a paycheck a couple days/weeks later, Unemployment Compensation works the same way.
- After the weeks are over, you tell us if you were unemployed and then we send payments.
- No matter which day you submit your new claim application – Sunday through Saturday – your claim will be effective Sunday and remains in effect for one year, with anywhere from 18-26 full weeks of payments available.
- Two Sundays later, you will use your PIN to certify if you were unemployed for those first two weeks and answer several questions.
- You will do this either online or by using PAT, and you have from Sunday through Friday of that week to complete this task.
Adjudication Process - What Happens When there is an Issue with Your Claim Video
- This video provides an overview of what happens if there is an issue with your claim and how the UC Adjudication process works.