Reopening an Existing Claim
If you opened an unemployment compensation (UC) claim within the past year, stopped filing for those benefits, but now need to file for benefits again, you will simply reopen your existing claim.
It doesn't matter if you're filing with the same employer or a new one, if you're filing for UC benefits within the 12 months that you opened your initial claim, you will reopen it to file for benefits.
Things to remember when reopening an existing claim:
- Use your same UC-issued PIN.
- Payments will be made on the same direct deposit or UC-issued debit card as you requested previously.
- Reopen your claim your first day of unemployment or reduced work hours.
- Only reopen your claim one time. This is manually processed by staff so there may be a delay for filing your biweekly claim.
- List the most recent day you worked before your hours were reduced or eliminated when asked "What was your last day of work for this employer?"
- You will not receive a new financial determination or any new mailings. All determinations that you previously received for your claim still apply.
- You will not receive notice to begin filing your biweekly claims for a reopened claim, so please begin checking Monday – Friday daily after submitting your reopen request.
Ways to Reopen Your Existing Claim:
Online: Complete an online application using our secure website 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
*Note: The reopen process looks exactly the same as the initial claim process.
Paper Form: A paper application can be downloaded and mailed to the address indicated on the form.
- Phone: Call the statewide toll-free number at 1-888-313-7284.
|UC Service Centers - Hours of Operation|
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
TTY: Services for the deaf and hard of hearing can be reached at 1-888-334-4046.
- Videophone: Services for individuals who use American Sign Language (ASL) can be reached at 717-704-8474 every Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Select the "Reopen an Existing Claim" button to get started!