Pennsylvania’s Shared-Work Program Keeps You Working
The Shared-Work program allows your employer to temporarily reduce the work hours of a group of employees as an alternative to a layoff. If you are an employee that participates in a Shared-Work plan you will work reduced hours and collect a portion of Unemployment Compensation (UC) benefits. Through this program, you’ll maintain a higher income than UC alone and keep your health insurance and supplemental benefits.
Benefits of participating in a Shared-Work plan:
- Retain your job
- Maintain a higher income than with partial UC benefits alone
- Retain your health insurance and retirement benefits
- Maintain your employment skills
- Continue building job tenure and be available for advancement opportunities
Eligibility to participate in Shared-Work:
- You have been employed in the affected unit for at least three (3) months; and
- You work less than 40 hours a week under the approved percentage reduction.
Benefit Payments through Shared-Work
You may use the following calculator to compare how Shared-Work is beneficial to your employees.
- The employees' gross hourly wage.
- The employees' weekly average work hours.
- Your estimate of hours per week that the employee will work during the Shared-Work period.
Note: This calculator is to provide a rough estimate only. Results will vary based on the actual Weekly Benefit Rate determined for the employee by PA UC.
Enter these items: